Golden Sun Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Kasmati® Rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped, shelled, and roasted
- Melt butter in a heavy 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saffron; sauté until onion is golden. Add apricots and rice; continue to sauté until rice becomes opaque.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
- To serve, place rice in desired serving dish and garnish with pistachios.