Apple Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3 cups cooked Jasmati® Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Topping Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put rice into large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with sugar and salt. Add the sour cream, cheese, vanilla and milk; mix thoroughly. Pour over rice; add apples and raisins and mix well.
- Pour into buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the rice mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.