Arborio Silk Torte Recipe
- 1 cup, cooked Arborio Rice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 pinches of salt, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup liqueur, such as rum, brandy, or sambuca
- 1 lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed slightly
- 1 cup half and half, warmed slightly
- whipped cream & berries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 or 10-inch cake pan; sprinkle with sugar to coat.
- In bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, rum, zest, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until combined; add the warmed milk, half & half and the cooked rice.
- Pour custard into the prepared pan. The rice should settle evenly along the bottom.
- Bake at 350° F for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.