Brown Rice & Shiitake Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (about 2 oz) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus spears, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice, nuts, green onions, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended and heated thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with additional lemon zest, if desired.