Brown & Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Royal Blend® Whole Grain with Texmati® Brown & Wild Rice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ham, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, slivered, for garnish
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Royal Blend product, including our Original Royal Blend, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Red Rice, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Wild Rice, Royal Blend with Flaxseed, and Royal Blend with Quinoa.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven; cook onions and carrots until tender-crisp. Blend in flour; gradually stir in broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in Royal Blend, ham, pepper, and thyme; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and sherry.
- Garnish each serving with almonds.