Carrot Quinoa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup, cooked and cooled Red Quinoa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cream cheese frosting, optional
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a muffin tin (12 count) with foil liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, brown sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, eggs, carrots and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients mixing until well blended.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake 20 minutes or until centers are done. Allow to cool; top with favorite cream cheese frosting, if desired.