Chai Spice & Apple Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup, uncooked Jasmati® Rice
- 4 bags chai spiced tea
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 medium medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags; cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove teas bags, squeezing excess liquid from bags into pan. Discard tea bags.
- Stir rice into tea and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add soy milk, sugar and salt. Simmer 20 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in apples and raisins. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.