Chicken Messina Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Original Orzo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 Bosc pear, cored and sliced
- Prepare orzo according to package directions. Stir in butter and parsley. Keep warm
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper; dust chicken with flour.
- In large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic and sauté 10 seconds. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock and boil 1 minute, stirring to scrap up brown bits. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes
- Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Increase heat to high and add remaining cup of chicken stock, vinegar, and capers.
- Cook about 8 minutes, stirring until consistency is syrupy.
- Place orzo on serving platter, top with chicken mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with pear slices.