Couscous with Curried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Original Couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, carrots, cauliflower, & asparagus
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- optional Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 6-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, beans, ¾ cup broth, curry, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine 1 cup broth and butter, bring to a boil. Stir in couscous.
- Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving; spoon onto platter.
- Top with chicken mixture; sprinkle with parsley.