Cranberry Pearl Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup, uncooked Original Pearl Couscous
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dried chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper, optional
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stire in the couscous; cook and stir until slightly toasted. Cover with the broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the cranberries and almonds.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with parsley.