Easy One Pot Japanese Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Sushi Rice
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 4 ounces beef sirloin, sliced thin
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Rinse and drain rice according to package directions. Reserve.
- Place chicken in a glass bowl and add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and rice wine, if desired. Mix well to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan bring 1/2 cup chicken broth to a boil. Add marinated chicken, beef, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and salt. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Gently stir in rice. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve topped with green onions.