Italian Sushi Recipe
- 3 cups cooked Sushi Rice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan/Romano blend cheese
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8 to 10 large thin slices prosciutto (cured Italian ham)
- 1 (7 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Combine rice, cheese, half & half and basil in a bowl. Place 1 prosciutto slice on cutting board; spread 1/2 cup rice mixture evenly over prosciutto, pressing slightly.
- Arrange a few pepper strips lengthwise down center over rice. Carefully roll into a log. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Cut each roll crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place on platter cut-side up. Serve at room temperature.