Lemon & Artichoke Baked Orzo Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Original Orzo
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2-3 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix chopped artichoke hearts, tomato, green onion, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, and flour. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain orzo. Do not rinse. Add orzo and chicken stock to artichoke mixture and pour into a greased casserole, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 350 F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and serve with grilled shrimp, chicken, or lamb chops. Makes 6 servings.