Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups, cooked White Quinoa
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.
- Cook quinoa to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar; beat until smooth. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add quinoa and mix on low speed until incorporated throughout.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place about an inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Gently flatten each slightly using a fork to make a crisscross design on the top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies just start to crisp around the edges.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.