Quinoa Meatball Sliders Recipe
- 1/2 cup, uncooked Red Quinoa
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add bouillon cube and stir to dissolve. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the marinara sauce, cheese and parsley. Form into walnut-sized balls and arrange on baking dish.
- Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Spoon sauce on top, then sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- Make sliders by slicing a dinner roll in half and placing meatball on top, sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- *Note: ground turkey or pork can be substituted.