Royal Blend® Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Royal Blend® Texmati® White, Brown & Red Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Royal Blend product, including our Original Royal Blend, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Red Rice, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Wild Rice, Royal Blend with Flaxseed, and Royal Blend with Quinoa.
- Melt butter in large skillet, over medium heat. Saute onion in butter until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, rice, and celery; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in parsley, thyme, sage, pepper and salt. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving.