Shrimp & Pea Risotto Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups, uncooked Arborio Rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cups onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, unthawed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat broth to a simmer in saucepan. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in heavy 4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is soft but not brown.
- Add rice; stir for about one minute until grains are coated.
- Begin adding simmering broth ½ cup at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding next ½ cup broth.
- Add shrimp after the rice has been cooking 10-12 minutes and continue to add the broth, ½ cup at a time.
- When all broth has been added and grains are tender, stir in additional tablespoon butter, cheese and peas. Serve immediately.