Sweet Potato Quinoa Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup, cooked White Quinoa
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked & mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar. In a separate bowl mix coconut oil, sweet potato, cooked quinoa, Greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in chopped pecans. Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins test done.