Texmati® Brown Rice Bread Recipe
- 3 cups cooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 1 1/4 cups scalded milk, divided
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pour 1 cup scalded milk over shortening, sugar and salt. Add cooked rice.
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm milk; stir into rice mixture. Work in flour to make a firm dough.
- Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and knead 2-3 minutes. Shape into loaves and place in 2 well greased loaf pans.
- Cover, let rise again until doubled in bulk, then brush tops with melted butter and bake in preheated 375 degree F. oven for 40-45 minutes.