Texmati® Green Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
- 2 poblano chilies, seeded & chopped
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- Combine rice and water in 2 quart pan; bring to a boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Mix well. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and bake at 300 degrees F. for 35 minutes.