Vegetable Risotto Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add onions and cook until golden. Add celery and carrots; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and rice, stirring to coat. Add 1 cup of vegetable broth at a time (cooking and stirring until absorbed before adding the next cup).
- Add peas and zucchini with the last cup of liquid. Cook and stir until last cup of liquid is absorbed. Rice should be tender yet firm with a creamy sauce.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining tablespoon butter and Parmesan cheese.