- Cut off the top of the bread boule. Using a small knife, cut around the inside of the bread, being careful not to cut through the crust. Scoop out the center. Reserve for dipping or bread crumbs.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery. Sauté 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Add split peas, thyme, bay leaves, salt, pepper and broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Stir in couscous and ground turmeric. Cover and cook 8 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Serve in prepared bread bowl.
* Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Pearl Couscous product. This includes Original Pearl Couscous
, Tri-Color Pearl Couscous
, Organic Pearl Couscous
, Original Tri-Color Pearl Couscous