Whole Wheat Couscous Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup olive or canola oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Cool.
- Cook green beans in salted water. Drain; cool.
- Season chicken as desired. Grill until cooked through. When done, slice into strips.
- Mix together bell pepper strips, green beans, couscous and capers; add dressing to taste.
- Serve couscous on large serving platter; top with chicken strips.
- Combine all dressing ingredients except oil in blender or food processor. Blend until well combined. With blender or processor running slowly add oil until it is incorporated.